Friday, October 8, 2010

SEEDS OF SUCCESS

Its always daunting coming home after some time away. Will the garden be OK?  Or has everything dried out and died?  Well the other day I returned home after a short break and was pleasantly surprised. Even though I had forgotten to put my seedling punnets in a plate of water they were still OK just slightly wilted. Thank goodness marigolds are very hardy they were as good as new after a good water.

The best thing about coming home was to find that my muraya seeds have grown into beautiful seedlings.  I had picked some seeds from a neighbours orange jessamine bush and planted them in my little seed raising house not expecting much to happen but to my joy four little plants are growing rapidly and nearly ready to plant out.

No comments:

Post a Comment