Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FLOWERS FOR ALL SEASONS

A bed of flowers to look at all year round.





Auntie Marge loves her flowers.
There's always something special about a drive in the country, especially when the destination is as pretty and peaceful as this one. I'm talking about the beautiful property of a couple lovingly known as Auntie Marge and Uncle Burt.





A view of the drive from the house.



A single rose adds some colour.

I've been noticing how beautiful the flower arrangements are each week at my church and recently found out they are grown in a garden planned to have flowers all year round. I was so curious I just had to see this garden full of flowers for all seasons.
Everyone feels welcome in this garden.








My friend and I were lucky enough to be invited out to visit Auntie Marge and had a full VIP tour of the incredible flower garden. Apart from the flowers, the property which has housed Marge, Burt and their seven children has been their home for the past forty five years and has amazing rural views as far as the eye can see.






  My friend commented that our afternoon visit to Auntie Marge's property was like going on a holiday and even though we were only there for an hour or two, I have to agree that I left feeling totally refreshed.

 After our tour of the garden and giving my camera a good workout we were treated to some good old fashioned country hospitality and a cup of tea just isn't the same with out a home made slice.  That's right, not only can Auntie Marge grow and arrange the most beautiful flowers, she also bakes a groovalicious slice.


We were lucky enough to take these ones home.
Flower power still going strong
.

No comments:

Post a Comment